17 Mayıs 2015 Pazar

What is 'ELT-Writing @Erciyes University Blog' about?

        Welcome to our blog! This is Erciyes University- English Language Teaching (ELT) Writing Blog!
        This website is designed to publish some of the ”distinctive” and ”original” essays of the novice student writers, studying English Language Teaching (BA) at Erciyes University and taking my ''Advanced Reading and Writing'' and ''Process Writing'' modules.
       Before my students started their university education, they had so focused on passing the university entrance exam in English (YDS), which is mainly about reading comprehension,that they totally ignored the other skills, i.e., speaking, listening and writing. Although my students have been learning English for almost 8-10 years and aimed to start teaching English after they successfully complete their degrees, I felt that they did not have enough opportunity to practice their writing. In my first classes, I realized that I needed to change their attitudes towards writing as most of them had not even wanted to touch their pens and paper to start producing a very short text on a given topic.
       All I heard was ”We do not really know how to start writing”.. We almost started from scratch..
       And these essays are the products of 6-7 weeks of work (2 hours a week-instruction)..I have already marked them and I will present the score band..
       I will give you more info along the way..ENJOY!
                                                                                                                                 Dr. Erdem AKBAS

2 yorum: